Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Quick Page

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today when I got up I decided that I was going to once again try to make a layout all on my own.


I had read on someones blog that they always make a template of their layout before they add the background, elements and photos. It sounded like a really good idea to me, so I gave it a try. It was soooooooooo much easier this way! I don't think I'll ever go back to doing it where I just try to get everything on the page and move them around. Making a template first seemed to help me see just what everything was going to look like. Of course, I didn't have any idea what colors I wanted to use. That came later.

On this QP I made my own ribbon from a tutorial I had found. The background and one of the elements that I used came from a couple of kits I got from Janni Scrap Designs. I feel real proud of myself for knowing just where I got everything! *Smile* I have such a mess when it comes to kits that I have collected over the months. I never really thought about the fact that I should be keeping track of who made what, so I would unzip the kits and then put them in folders like "backgrounds, tags, elements, bows etc." By doing this way it has made it very hard for me to really know who made what and I feel bad that I can't always give proper credit to the designers. Oh well.....live and learn I guess.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Oh yeah, the layout too:) Congrats on making your own ribbon.

Emma's Creations said...

Love the layout :o) WTG making the ribbon